Sunday, May 08, 2005

I Knew You Were Waiting

According to this, the George Michael/Aretha Franklin duet is "my life's theme song", if I go with the US Pop Chart. However, if I go with the UK Chart, well then it's La Isla Bonita by Madonna.



Gina thinks that 18 is the wrong age for picking stuff from Pop Charts. She says 12 is when you're still at the mercy of being exclusively exposed to pop charts. This way of thinking gets me "Your Kiss is on My List" by Hall & Oates. That's more like it! (And Gina's is "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen).

I see B (at 10) with her Hillary Duff and know how she's going to be embarrased about that one!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Autumn says:
I am too embarassed to tell you the "song of my life". Why? Why? Why did I have to be born in 1981?!

soapyDave said...

autumn - yeah, 1981 was a bad year for tunes. i won't pressure you into telling us. of course if i could remember your damn b-day i could get it myself! i'm not good with b-days, i'm a bad person

soapyDave said...

len - i don't even remember those songs. the artists, yes, but not the songs.

bubba said...

Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes!!! Yikes!!!

bubba said...

"Livin La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin" on Autumn's 18th. Double yikes!!

soapyDave said...

too funny bubba - i never noticed that you have "bette davis eyes"

and autumn, that song is perfect - you are living the crazy life!

Anonymous said...

Autumn says:
Damn you Al!

Anonymous said...

Autumn says:
Actually, it was Mambo #5 and Ballaimos. Dear God.

kelsey said...

My UK song is Don't Stand so Close to Me - -Police which I think sums me up pretty well. I share Queen with Gina.

By the way I'm very excited to find out that you have a blog!

soapyDave said...

ooooh - that's a good one!
And I'm glad that people are finding my blog and posting comments. Stick with me, it will get interesting...

bubba said...

dave, i'll stick with you but not to you...