Saturday, May 14, 2005

Dinner and a Movie

Last evening's International Night was an excellent all-meat affair. It's good there are no ****tarians in the group, they would have starved eating only sauerkraut. We went to The New Berliner in the NE and I thought it was quite good. Six of us chose the sampler and it was quite the feast. I especially the liked whole ham hocks with cracklins.

Here are a few pics for your enjoyment:


Never trust a bag of tulip bulbs that says "mixed colours" - this is what you get. The entire bed is full of these.


If I had a (few) Million Dollars... this is from last week's bike ride along the Elbow River near Stanley Park.

7 comments:

bubba said...

did you have jelly donuts for desert?

soapyDave said...

No, I had the biggest ramekin of creme brulee ever - and it was excellent!

bubba said...

what kind of meat is ramekin?

soapyDave said...

This is a remekin. My apologies, I spelled it incorrectly earlier but it's pronounced RAM-uh-kin.

bubba said...

oh, a fancy schmancy bowl... any meat in the creme brulee?

soapyDave said...

no meat, just a heap of dairy, eggs and sugar.

bubba said...

eggs are meat, no?