Monday, May 16, 2005

Bikes, Bikinis and Legs of Jello


50K. It might not sound like much but it was my first ride over 35K this year. Plus it was 12 degrees warmer than last weekend. Plus our route took us up 4 killer and a few not-so-killer hills. By the end my legs were shaking like a whipped puppy and I had to keep checking to make sure I wasn't just in a too-high gear (I wasn't).

Exciting moments to report? Well, there wasn't a kid on a mini-motorbike like last time. There were baby geese (or so I was told!). We saw a lot of wood ducks (the best kind). It wasn't stop-and-go traffic in Fish Creek (like last week). There were three bikini-clad girls who could have used some help getting their dinghy up the bank of the Elbow, though Gina was too far ahead for me to let her know so I had to leave them hanging. And of course, Gina had the camera in her saddlebag, so we'll have to settle for the above picture of 3/4 of the day's BikeClub members stopping for a drink. Sorry, Al.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

I rode around the reservoir on Kevin's road bike on Saturday. Got a sunburn. Road bikes are much more fun, exp for those hills. Email me next time you guys go.

Also did you get my e-mails re Chapters and Fever Pitch?

soapyDave said...

sunscreen, Kels - you didn't wear it!? I never used to but my drugs make me extra-photosensitive.

Did this road bike have those curly handlebars? Fun, fun - and we will email you next time!

Also, I thought I responed to those emails - I was wrong so I did just now.